Westchester Drive Getting a New Sidewalk and Other Decatur Sidewalk RepairsDecatur Metro | November 5, 2012 | 1:00 pm
Do you like sides of the road designed specifically for walking?
Also on tonight’s Decatur City Commission agenda, new and improved sidewalks around Decatur! Spit straight out a note from Asst. City Manager David Junger to City Manager Peggy Merriss, here are the recipients of this year’s $150,000 in sidewalk improvements. Jackhammer drumroll please…
- Clairemont Ave from Michigan Ave to the northern city limits, repairs
- Derrydown Way/Poplar Circle pedestrian bridge over Shoal Creek, removal and replacement
- Kirk Road from South Candler Street to Avery Street, repairs or replacement of existing sidewalk on northern side of street
- Maxwell Street from Oakview Road to Third Avenue, repairs to both sides of the street
- Westchester Drive from Scott Boulevard to Dogwood Way, new sidewalk on one side of street
Why did Westchester get a NEW sidewalk? According to Mr. Junger’s note, they asked. And over 75% of residents in the area were in favor. Well, alright then!