At last night’s Decatur City Commission meeting, residents from the Decatur Terrace neighborhood submitted a petition to be included in Decatur’s Annexation Master Plan. Currently the neighborhood is part of Avondale’s master plan, but these Decatur Terrace residents have asked to be removed.
According to representative Renee Valdes, 86% of residents of the 110 Decatur Terrace residents who participated in this effort support inclusion in Decatur’s annexation plan.
According to the petitioners, the neighborhood is made up of 147 residential parcels. The neighborhood is bordered by College Ave to the north, Craige Avenue to the South and Arcadia Avenue to the west.
Annexation petitions can be filed with the Decatur City Manager’s Office through this Friday, October 24th. And for all the annexation addicts now craving a Master Plan timeline, here it is through the end of the year.
- September – October 2014: Information and feedback meetings scheduled and background information refined.
- October 24, 2014: Petition Deadline
- November 12, 2014: Joint Work Session between the City Commission and the Decatur Board of Education.
- December 1, 2014: Final Report Released to the Public
- December 9, 2014: Board of Ed considers adoption of Annexation Master Plan
- December 15, 2014: City Commission officially receives the Annexation Master Plan. Considers adoption of an annexation resolution.