Better late than never, right? :-/ Neighborhood Clean Up Days started last weekend and continue thru June. Details from The Decatur Minute…
The City of Decatur offers Neighborhood Clean-Up days once a year to allow residents to dispose of bulky items that aren’t normally placed in Pay-As-You-Throw bags. Each street in the City is assigned to one Saturday each spring, generally between March-June. Don’t forget that Decatur also accepts bulky items year round as a part of the regular sanitation pick up!
All items to be collected should be placed at the curb no later than 7:30a.m. This ensures that we do not have to rerun routes for late setouts. Collections run until 3:30p.m., or until finished, whichever is sooner.
• yard trimmings
• building materials (that are not from the work of private contractors)
• appliances (not containing Freon)
• trash that would not normally be placed in pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) bags
WE WILL NOT COLLECT:
• stone, rocks, or concrete
• motor vehicle batteries or parts