Looking for daycare in Atlanta is kind of like hunting for a snark.
Some people say it exists. Households with two full-time, out-of-home working parents obviously do something with their children during the day. But when you actually get out there and discover the limited options available, along with the triple-digit wait-lists, you’re likely to become as mad as the Bellman.
- “Just the place for a Snark!” the Bellman cried,
- As he landed his crew with care;
- Supporting each man on the top of the tide
- By a finger entwined in his hair.
- “Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice:
- That alone should encourage the crew.
- Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
- What I tell you three times is true.”
With that poetry-laden set-up, news from Kristin of the opening of a new daycare facility in Decatur might be a welcome announcement to many area residents. The Little School House in Decatur plans to hold open houses of their facility at 124 Church Street this Thursday July 1st at 6pm and on Saturday July 3rd at 10am.
The school’s website includes descriptions of their 6 weeks – 18 months, 18 months – 2.5 years, and 3 – 4 year programs, but it does still look like it’s a bit under-construction.
Now one school isn’t going to completely satiate the need for daycare options in the metro, but hopefully it can help out a few of the lost souls caught up in the hectic pursuit.