From Tomorrow’s News Today…
The Cookie Studio, currently located on East College Avenue near the Avondale MARTA station, will soon close and move to Pharr Road in Buckhead. The Cookie Studio will open in the Pharr Road space most recently occupied by Fuoco di Napoli, a Antico Pizza-like pizzeria that closed this past October after less than a year in business. Rumors have swirled about why the restaurant failed with some saying that litigation from Giovanni Di Palma of Antico Pizza regarding “intellectual property-trademark” forced the restaurant to close.
The AJC has a nice feature of Decatur’s Cookie Studio in today’s paper, highlighting the business’ ongoing commitment to the Atlanta Day Shelter for Women and Children with donations which are regularly taken from cookie profits.
Why such commitment to that particular shelter? Owner Barbara O’Neill explains…
“It’s partly because I feel such a connection with the shelter; I was a volunteer there for 10 years,” O’Neill said. “But it’s also because this time of the year everyone donates to charity, but not the rest of the year. I wanted an ongoing stream of donation funds, so they’d know the money is coming in throughout the year.”
A few notes from around the city…
- According to the Decatur Minute, Leon’s Full Service is now open for lunch daily at 11:30a (except Monday).
- Also from the Minute, Greene’s is offering 40% off all in-store purchases today in honor of one of the owners birthdays.
- As was noted in a recent post, Cafe Cliche is now open for business in the old Indie Coffee & Books space and is serving Button Cakes Bakery cupcakes.
- Next Stop notes that Bistro in a Box will have weekly food and wine tastings on Saturday from 12p-6p. “Some of our usual offerings include basil crusted chicken, peppercorn flank steak, hummus, a cheese display, spinach and artichoke dip, and other menu items that we are developing. It is all free and open to anyone.”
- According to Daily Candy, The Cookie Studio has new weekend hours (Sat 12p-5p)
- Tastings will be featuring live music on Saturday nights from 8:30p-10:30p. This Saturday Jeff Soileau will be playing ambient instrumental acoustic guitar.