The annual James Beard Award nominations are out and there are a good number of Decatur-related folks/venues on the semi-finalist list.
- The Kimball House was nominated for “Outstanding Bar Program”
- Chai Pani’s Meherwan Irani (Decatur & Asheville) was nominated for “Best Chef in the Southeast”
- Cakes & Ale’s Billy Allin was again nominated for “Best Chef in the Southeast”
- Mike Klank and Eddie Hernandez of Taqueria del Sol (Decatur and elsewhere) again were nominated for “Best Restauranteur”
- Ford Fry (Decatur and Atlanta) of #246 was nominated for “Best Restauranteur”
Eater has a full list of Atlanta restaurants/chefs/restauranteurs who made the list.