Mark wrote in earlier this morning inquiring about a police car and a smashed window down at Twist & Scoot. I was trying to be a “journalist” and get details from DPD before posting, but Rebecca wrote in with the details before I received any response.
Twist n Scoot got hit this morning at 4am with a smash and grab. They used a huge rock to get in the front door, and only took their computers.
Crisp evenings call for lots of community events!
- Paula tells us that Greene’s Fine Foods is having its Grand Opening today, notated by balloons out front.
- Carl writes in that Worthmore is having an “America Celebrates Photography” opening reception tonight featuring Johnny Colt, the original bass player for The Black Crowes and the current bass player for Train.
- From a recent walkby – Sharian’s annual outdoor rug sale starts tomorrow and runs thru the 12th. Look for the nighttime security guard.
- Beacon Hill Studios is hosting an Open House fundraiser for DHS Arts program this Saturday from 4p-9p ($10 suggested donation) – courtesy of Carl
- Though this happened last week, “A” lets us know that Twist & Scoot’s new Decatur store is now open between Dancing Goat’s and Whit’s End.
Linda Harris was good enough to send along this press release she recently received from the good folks at Twist & Scoot, who are opening their second Atlanta location next between Whit’s End and Dancing Goats on West Ponce….
ATLANTA, Georgia – August 13, 2008 – Who knew going green could be so much fun? Twist ‘n’ Scoot Motorscoot- ers in Atlanta announces their second scooter store will open in late August, 2008 at 431 W. Ponce de Leon Ave. in downtown Decatur.
Twist ‘n’ Scoot is the Atlanta-area dealer for the major brands, Genuine Scooter Company and SYM , including the Genuine “Buddy”, a retro-styled scooter considered one of the most popular scooters in the U.S. today. Both brands come with manufacturer’s warranties for two years, parts and labor. Twist ‘n’ Scoot offers a complete service department, as well as helmets, clothing and accessories. Continue reading “Twist & Scoot Press Release Announces Late August Open”
We’ve been hearing rumblings about a scooter store for months now. Most recently the city teased us in the Decatur Focus with news that a scooter store was coming, but gave few details. Well, thanks to Jeff at Whit’s End, I finally have a name and location for you! ….drumroll please….
Midtown’s Twist & Scoot will open a new store in the old Intaglia space on West Ponce. No details yet as to when, but they certainly couldn’t have picked a better time to expand, with scooter sales going up faster than gas prices. A recent Time Magazine article (“10 Things You Can Like About $4 Gas“) says that Vespa sales are up 109% since last year.
Perhaps the close proximity to our house will help convince my wife of my undying NEED for a sporty little scooter. But unfortunately, MARTA is still a more viable option for me. 😉
Best of luck to all involved!
[Midtown location photo courtesy of Flickr]