Julie sends along this announcement…
Here are a couple of items from the DHS Band which may be of interest. More details at http://www.decaturband.org/
1. Washing o’ the Green
We are having a car wash this Saturday, March 17, 9 AM – 1 PM at the upper parking lot at DHS. Bring by your vehicle and start getting rid of that pollen!
2. Visiting Band from Mexico
Over the week of March 19 – March 26, Decatur will be hosting 61 guests (kids and adults) from the high school in Tuxtla-Gutiérrez, Chiapas Mexico, which we visited last year. This exciting cultural, linguistic, and musical exchange includes several highlights which have impact on the whole community including:
- Performance at the DHS Varsity Soccer game on 3/20
- Seeing the DHS play “Robin Hood Prince of Thieves” which runs 3/22
- 3/4 in the Performing Arts Center
- Mexican guests interacting with the CSD K-12 Spanish classes
- A jam session with local student bands and our guests at Sammiches n’ Stuff on 3/22
- A special musical performance at the Tour deCatur on 3/24
We want to thank our sponsors which include Lampe-Farley Communications, Zest Atlanta, Intown Ace Hardware, Taco Mac, The City of Decatur and the City Schools of Decatur.