UPDATE: Hey! Also Atlanta ranked #10 for Best Beer Scene in the country.
Both the Decatur Beer Festival and Decatur’s Brick Store Pub picked up suds-erific honors today with the release of USA Today’s 10Best lists for “Best Beer Festival” and “Best Beer Bar” winners, as picked by readers.
The Decatur Beer Fest ranked #10 on the beer festival list, which fell out like this…
- Great American Beer Festival – Denver
- Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival – Atlantic City
- Great Taste of the Midwest – Madison, Wis.
- Field of Beers – Jupiter, Fla.
- BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival – Galveston, Texas
- North American Belgian Beer Festival – Westland, Mich.
- Tailspin Ale Fest – Louisville
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown – Cooperstown, N.Y.
- Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers – Chicago
- Decatur Craft Beer Festival – Decatur, Ga.
And the Brick Store ranked #9 on the beer bar list…
- Mekong Restaurant – Richmond, Va.
- HopCat – Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Cloverleaf Tavern – Caldwell, N.J.
- The J. Clyde – Birmingham, Ala.
- The Birch – Norfolk, Va.
- The Bier Stein – Eugene, Ore.
- Thirsty Monk – Asheville, N.C.
- Maria’s Packaged Goods & Community Bar – Chicago
- Brick Store Pub – Decatur, Ga.
- Max’s Taphouse – Baltimore
Photo courtesy of DBA
Just one more friendly reminder for readers that Decatur Beer Festival tickets go on sale at noon today, since you’ll likely only get one 20 minute window to purchase them.
You can buy $40 regular admission or $100 VIP tickets directly from Ticket Alternative HERE.
Clear your calendar for 12-12:30p Monday.
Decatur Beer Fest tickets go out sale at noon and if prior years are any indication, you’re going to have to be very quick on the draw. Here’s a breakdown by year since 2007 based on DM reports over the years…
The Decatur Beer festival announced this morning that they will be offering 300 $100 VIP tickets to the October 18th event.
A summary in the latest Decatur Focus – not yet online – states that VIPs will be let into the Festival an hour early at 11a, receive exclusive craft beers, have an “exclusive” entrance and receive complementary snacks. All this same info is shown throughout the graphic shown above.
Reminder: the non-exclusive $40 tickets go on sale next Monday at noon and will likely sell out in 15-20 minutes if prior years are any indication.
The Decatur Beer Festival’s annual logo selection is always a buzzworthy event. It looks like the this year’s logo contest winner was posted online sometime in the last week. Check it out above or on the Beer Fest website.
Beer list and map still to come. Tix go on sale Monday September 15th at noon.
h/t: The Decatur Minute
How fast will they sell out?? It was like 20 minutes last year, wasn’t it?
Oh right! The link. Buy them HERE.
As tickets now sell out in less than 30 minutes, here is your heads up that Decatur Beer Fest tickets go out sale next Monday, Sept. 16th at noon. Tickets are $40 a pop and only 4,000 will be sold.
All tickets are sold via Ticket Alternative.