UPDATE: Hey! Also Atlanta ranked #10 for Best Beer Scene in the country.
Both the Decatur Beer Festival and Decatur’s Brick Store Pub picked up suds-erific honors today with the release of USA Today’s 10Best lists for “Best Beer Festival” and “Best Beer Bar” winners, as picked by readers.
The Decatur Beer Fest ranked #10 on the beer festival list, which fell out like this…
- Great American Beer Festival – Denver
- Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival – Atlantic City
- Great Taste of the Midwest – Madison, Wis.
- Field of Beers – Jupiter, Fla.
- BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival – Galveston, Texas
- North American Belgian Beer Festival – Westland, Mich.
- Tailspin Ale Fest – Louisville
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown – Cooperstown, N.Y.
- Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers – Chicago
- Decatur Craft Beer Festival – Decatur, Ga.
And the Brick Store ranked #9 on the beer bar list…
- Mekong Restaurant – Richmond, Va.
- HopCat – Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Cloverleaf Tavern – Caldwell, N.J.
- The J. Clyde – Birmingham, Ala.
- The Birch – Norfolk, Va.
- The Bier Stein – Eugene, Ore.
- Thirsty Monk – Asheville, N.C.
- Maria’s Packaged Goods & Community Bar – Chicago
- Brick Store Pub – Decatur, Ga.
- Max’s Taphouse – Baltimore
Photo courtesy of DBA