Presented by the City of Decatur and Georgia Historic Preservation Division, the sixth annual Decatur Old House Fair is set for this Saturday February 9th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel and Conference Center at 130 Clairemont Avenue.
This year’s theme is “Form Follows Function”, which “explores the relationship between home improvement and historic charm through an array of DIY, sustainable living, maintenance and renovation tracks.”, according to a post on Atlanta Intown.
The exhibit area will open at 9a and seminars begin at 10a. Among the topics being presented/discussed this year:
- A wood window workshop
- The Architecture and Career of Leila Ross Wilburn
- Creating a Maintenance Plan for Your House
- Creating a Master Plan for Your Landscape
- Reviving Old House Chimneys and Fireplaces
- Plumbing Pitfalls in Older Homes
- The American Small House
Decatur’s Preservation Planner, Regina Brewer, highlights the American Small House in a note to the community…