The Board of the Community Center of South Decatur asked us to post this job opening for them…
The Community Center of South Decatur (CCSD), a non-profit organization with a mission to preserve and maintain the nearly 100 year old Solarium at the Historic Scottish Rite building as a sustainable resource for the use and enjoyment of the Decatur community, is seeking an experienced, local person for the Executive Director position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associates Degree, experience with Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint), strong communication/people skills, and is flexible for some evening, weekend and on-call hours.
- Office management (follow up on use requests, maintain files, monthly reporting to Board)
- Maintain Quickbooks accounts & pay bills, submit payroll, work with CCSD Treasurer & CPA
- Manage space rental bookings & sell the space (site tours, client contracts, event coordination)
- Manage free space usage requests
- Oversee building cleaning & maintenance
- Schedule & supervise staff (event facility managers, cleaners, table/chair set up & breakdown)
Position is Part-time, requires a mixture of day, evening, weekend and on-call hours and pays $18/hour.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Please send resume & letter of interest to –
CCSD Board c/o Amy Wilson
Photo courtesy of The Solarium website