Townhomes Coming to Hillyer SiteDecatur Metro | September 5, 2013
Last week, Thomas sent in this photo of a Public Hearing sign on the vacant Hillyer Place property and basically asked “what’s up?”.
Here’s the answer.
The City’s Planning Director Amanda Thompson tells DM that 24 townhomes are being designed and built on the site. Here are a few details on the project.
- 24 townhome units. Three story with drive under garages
- 25’ minimum townhome setback from the R-60 (there is a small, open air garden shed within the 25’ setback).
- Guest parking next to the smaller units within the 25’ setback.
- There is an evergreen tree buffer along the R-60 property.
- The front building along E Howard will be designed as live/work.
- 6’ sidewalks will be installed along the street frontage.
Ms. Thompson also sent along this drawn plan… (PDF version HERE)
Additionally, according to Asst. City Manager Lyn Menne, “The developer has worked closely with surrounding neighbors and gotten their support for this proposal.”