Decatur City Commission Approves Renovation Plan for Ebster PoolDecatur Metro | | 9:52 am
At Monday’s City Commission meeting, the commission approved the plan for the renovation of Ebster Pool, which has been an on-and-off topic of discussion for the past year or so. According to the meeting agenda, “The plan includes the following elements:”
- Changes to the pool to reduce its length from 25 meters to 25 yards and to widen the pool to provide 8 lanes for competitive swimming.
- Overhead lighting to allow longer hours for swimming meets.
- New mechanical systems to replace the original filtration tanks and pumps installed when the pool was built over 30 years ago.
- Complete renovation of the bathhouse to include new men’s and women’s changing rooms, a family changing room, new staff office, mechanical and storage rooms.
- New shade structures and a spray pad for young children.
- New lift for disabled swimmers, new water fountains, fencing and other amenities.