In preparation for the holiday season, STG’s got some questions for y’all about e-books…
- Which do you prefer: Kindle or Nook or Sony (or something else that is flying under the radar so far)?
- Which one do you use? How do you use it, e.g., books only, periodicals also? If you were choosing today, which would you choose?
- What do you like best about the one you use compared to print? What do you like best about it compared to other e-readers? What does your version not do or offer that others do?
- Do you also still read “real” books? If so, please elaborate. If not, what do you miss about printed books (if anything)?
- What new capability do you hope will come to e-readers in the future?
- Any experience with e-book lending programs, formal or informal? (Amazon recently launched a lending program for Amazon Prime members but single review I’ve seen claimed the selection is limited. No clue if lending programs are available or planned for Nook or Sony….anybody know?)
- Anybody have a clue which technology Dekalb County library system will choose (assuming it ever has hopes of budgetary capacity to even consider adding e-books)?