Next Round of Decatur Sidewalk Improvements ApprovedDecatur Metro | | 11:00 am
At Monday’s Decatur City Commission meeting, the commission approved the next phase of ongoing sidewalk improvements around the city of Decatur. $374,900 was awarded to Ohmshiv Construction for sidewalk destruction and installation around the city, along with related road and storm water system construction.
Although there’s a map on page 32 of the meeting materials, it’s hard to tell exactly which foot roads will be getting the love. But luckily Assistant City Manager David Junger detailed the seven impacted areas during the meeting. (Links will take you to the Google Streetview locations)
- North Decatur/Superior bus stop
- Stretch of east side Glendale Ave (from Glenlake Park to Forkner)
- Sycamore Drive (at Decatur Heights Church where the sidewalk ends)
- Commerce Drive/South Columbia – complete redesign of the intersection including traffic calming measures that will slow cars down thru the curve as well as provide better pedestrian crossing
- West Dougherty Street (from McDonough to Adams) – currently no sidewalk. A popular Safe Route to School road.
- Kirk Road (Northside near the Seminary)
- Small gap on Mead Road
According to Mr. Junger, construction should begin in around 3 weeks and will be complete by late Spring 2011.
Google Streetview of Glendale Ave above.