The summary from last night’s Planning Commission meeting notes that the Trinity Triangle plan was unanimously recommended for approval with the following conditions…
-The property shall be developed according to plans substantially similar to those submitted with the application,
– The buildings shall be developed according to plans substantially similar to those submitted with the application, with the understanding that the Dairy Queen building improvements are subject to the approval of Dairy Queen International,
-On-street parking on West Howard Avenue will be marked as parking for Dairy Queen or have a 30 minute time limit,
– The on-street parking closest to the Dairy Queen will include at least 1 handicapped parking space,
– The project shall meet the current bicycle parking requirements, and
– The Engineering Department will consider ways to facilitate traffic flow on West Trinity Place.
– The developer shall be bound by the conditions approved by the Decatur Downtown Development Authority in its resolution of support dated August 15, 2008.
Unfortunately I was unable to attend the meeting, so I’m unsure how many people showed or spoke up.